wxDownload Fast (also known as wxDFast) is an open source download manager. It is multi-platform and builds on Windows(2k,XP), Linux and Mac OS X(binary still not available). Besides that, it is a multi-threaded download manager. This means that it can split a file into several pieces and download the pieces simultaneously.
- Faster downloads (with Segmented/Multi-threaded/Accelerated transfers)
- Download resuming (Pause and restart where you stopped)
- Download scheduling
- Organizes files you have already downloaded
- View server messages (HTTP, FTP, file://). No HTTPS support.
- Available in multiple languages and easily translated. Now available in Portuguese [Brazil], Spanish, English, German, Russian, Hungarian, Armenian, Indonesian and Dutch
- Connection to HTTP/FTP servers which require a password
- Calculates the MD5/SHA1 checksum of downloaded files so they can be easily verified
- Metalink support
- Firefox integration through FlashGot
- Can be used as a portable download manager (Windows only)
- Can be used over proxy servers(HTTP proxy support)