Speed Dreams is a Motorsport Simulator featuring high-quality 3D graphics and an accurate physics engine, all targeting maximum realism. Initially forked from TORCS, it has now reached a clearly higher realism level in visual and physics simulation, thanks to its active development team and growing community. It mainly aims to implement exciting new features, cars, tracks and AI opponents to make a more enjoyable game for the player, while constantly pushing forward visual and physics realism. It is also intended for any research, study or teaching activity, around physics and AI, thanks to its GPL V2+ license, and the clear and modular architecture of its C/C++ code base.
The current official release features :
- visually reworked menus by Brian Gavin, Eckhard M. Jäger, Andrew Sumner and Jean-Philippe Meuret,
- 3 amazing fine tuned and balanced new car sets by Andrew Sumner and Haruna Say: Super Cars, 36 GP and LS-GT1,
- an updated TRB1 car set (well balanced, more realistic behaviour),
- 3 exciting new tracks and many visually improved ones,
- smashing liveries for all these cars, by Eckhard M. Jaeger and Haruna Say,
- 2 new TRB first-class robot for the Supercars, 36 GP and TRB1 car sets : USR by Andrew Sumner and Simplix by Wolf-Dieter Beelitz (at last real AI opponents !),
- animated driver by Andrew Sumner on 36GP cars, 3D wheels for all cars by Eric Espie,
- 2 new leader-board modes by Gabor Kmetyko, smoke on spinning tires by Andrew Sumner,
- brand new gauges by Eckhard M. Jaeger, and many many other small visual improvements,
- experimental Simu V3 physics engine by Christos Dimitrakakis,
- many menu improvements (support for grid shifting, optimized track select load time, category filter when selecting driver, more infos in results and standings boards),
- and much more ...