IntelliJ IDEA is a code-centric IDE focused on developer productivity. The editor deeply understands your code and knows its way around the codebase, makes great suggestions right when you need them, and is always ready to help you shape your code.
IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition is the open source version of IntelliJ IDEA, a premier IDE for Java, Groovy and other programming languages.
* Intelligent code editor understanding your code, with refactorings, code inspections, intention actions, easy navigation and full Java 7 support.
* JUnit and TestNG integration and a convenient test runner UI.
* Maven, Gradle and Ant-based project setup and building.
* Comprehensive Groovy programming language support plus plugins for Scala and Clojure.
* Google Android development including latest SDK support.
* Unified UI and experience for most popular version control systems: Subversion, Git/GitHub, Mercurial and CVS. Visual merge, diff and changelists.
* Powerful XML editor with XML-Java interoperability.
* The Swing UI designer for developing Java desktop applications.
* Integrates with JetBrains TeamCity for continuous integration and pre-tested commit support.
* YouTrack, JIRA, GitHub and other trackers integration for task management and IDE context control.