DeleteOnClick completely deletes files in one click and the data becomes unrecoverable, and also has the option to wipe free disk space. For this reason you must use the program carefully. Once a file is 'Securely Deleted' no one can undelete it.
License: Freeware and Commercial Software
What DeleteOnClick can do
- Any file can be securely deleted, except files that are being used by other programs.
- Follows the U.S. DOD 5220.22-M secure file deletion standard.
- Completely deletes files in one click.
- Compatible with both Windows 8.
- Files deleted using DeleteOnClick are permanently erased and can never be recovered.
- Delete files on any physical drive visible by Windows.
- Extra confirmation if wiping everything on a drive
Program Controls, Options, and Features
- Confirmation warning allows the user to change their mind before deletion.
- Quickly and securely wipe free disk space when clicking on a disk icon.
- Delete progress shown.
Additional Benefits of the Commercial Program
- Renames files before they are deleted so that anyone trying to undelete cannot even see what the file was called.
- Quickly Wipe Free Disk Space: This will wipe all free space on the disk more quickly but is less secure than the Securely Wipe Free Disk Space option below.
- Securely Wipe Free Disk Space: This will securely wipe all free space on the disk.
- Can securely empty recycle bin.
- Wipes all file dates before wiping file.
- Wipes file attributes before wiping file.
- Complete help file and free technical support.