CleverKeys is free software that provides instant access to definitions at Dictionary.com, synonyms at Thesaurus.com, facts at Reference.com and more — from almost all Windows or Mac OS programs, including word processors, Web browsers and most e-mail programs. With CleverKeys, the answers are just a click away.
With CleverKeys for Windows you can look up words from almost any application, including Microsoft Word, Web browsers and e-mail programs.
Highlights of this version include:
- New 'Edit and Lookup' search mode (ctrl+Q)
- Ability to add your own URLs
- Option to open CleverKeys results in a new window
- Highly configurable hot keys
- Compatibility with Windows 95/98/2000/Me/NT/XP/Vista/7
- Compatibility with current Web browsers including Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome
- In-depth documentation
How to use CleverKeys for Windows:
- Highlight a word
- Hit control-L to look it up at Dictionary.com
- CleverKeys takes you right to the definition in your default Web browser!
- Hit control-M to be presented with a menu of other options, such as Thesaurus.com and Reference.com
- For more help, double-click or right-click the CleverKeys icon in the System Tray (the group of icons near your clock) and select 'Help'.