AxCrypt is the leading open source file encryption software for Windows. It integrates seamlessly with Windows to compress, encrypt, decrypt, store, send and work with individual files. Cryptographic primitives are AES-128 and SHA-1. Encrypted files have a '.AXX' extension added to their names, and are shown with a new icon.
- Right-click integration with Windows Explorer makes AxCrypt the easiest way to encrypt individual files in Windows.
- Double-click integration makes it as easy to open, edit and save encrypted files as it is to work with unencrypted files.
- Many additional features, but no configuration required, just install it and use it.
- AxCrypt encrypts files that are safely and easily sent to other users via e-mail or any other means. Self-decrypting files are also supported, removing the need to install AxCrypt to decrypt.
- AxCrypt is translated into English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Russian, Polish, Spanish and Swedish so chances are it speaks your preferred language.