As a pioneer of free email accounts Yahoo! Mail has been around for a while. The interface used to be a little bit dated but Yahoo! recently redesigned it. Yahoo! Mail is now much more faster, easier to use and better at search and spam filtering. However all those improvements have a price. To upgrade from the old interface to the new one, you have to agree to a new terms of service that grants Yahoo! the permission to scan and analyze your emails (exactly like Google does with Gmail). This is of course for targeted advertising, but also spam and malware detection.
Yahoo! Mail description
Yahoo! Mail is a web mail service. Yahoo! Mail features spam filters, a virus scanner, interfaces for international users and many other amazing features.
- Instantly get your mail anytime, anywhere. Read, respond to and organize your messages quickly, whether you’re at home or on the go.
- Family and Friends, All In One Place. Import all your contacts from Facebook, Gmail, Outlook and more.
- Smart Search and Filters. Locate and manage your mail with powerful tools like personal filters and advanced searching.
- Instant Photo and Video Viewing. Yahoo! Mail automatically detects photos and videos in your messages so you can view them right from your Inbox.
- IM and SMS. It’s super easy to stay in touch with all your friends using instant message or even text messages to any mobile phone.
- Unlimited Storage. Reliably keep all your messages, photos, and videos. No storage limit means you can use your email as your personal archive.
- Spam Protection. Yahoo! blocks over 15 billion spam messages daily. Our spam protection works to deliver only the messages you want and block the ones you don't.